Sofia

All the kids (Hailey wasn't too happy and Abbie looks like she stuck her finger in a socket)

Abbie's trip home from dropping Nate at preschool (beginning her nap)

Getting ready for bath time (waiting for Daddy)

Abbie and Nate's "Naked Baby" Dance (Warning: Nudity)
After spending so much time with Melissa lately (thank you!), I have come to wonder why mothers are so isolated. Why do we try to do everything on our own? I know that for me at least, my days are a million times better when we get out and see other people or have people over to our house. Why don't we help each other with our homes? Why don't we help each other with our children (especially those of us with "spirited" or challenging children)? Why in our society do we have to do it all on our own? I'd love to hear ideas on this, because I sure can't figure it out. Just wondering....
I agree - isolation sucks. You are so, so lucky to have great friends who live so close to you, who you can call when you need some help, or just people who know what you're going through.
ReplyDeleteCan you find me some of these friends?
Join a church? Playgroups, parks--I think it's important to set up a network before the baby is born. Madison has groups for pregnant moms--Sometimes birthing classes turn into playgroups. Are you guys doing that?
ReplyDeleteI can't join a church just to meet people. I think there's like a belief in a higher power requirement, or something, that I don't quite meet. We will be doing birthing classes, but not until June or July. I'll figure something out.
ReplyDeleteYeah, that was a joke. Sorry the sarcasm didn't cross the internet.
ReplyDelete