My attempt at honesty in motherhood

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Freaking People Out

(See comments from previous post) Yes, the poem is terrifying. Yes, it's scary. That's the point--Depression is a terrifying nightmare. All hope, energy, life is sucked from you like a freaking Dyson vacuum. I just wanted to give an honest perspective of what it's really like. I won't apologize for that--I believe that the more that people know, the better they'll understand.

3 comments:

  1. I agree. Although I'm not sure that I can empathize (I honestly don't feel what you are feeling because I have never been there...I'll leave that up to the Savior), at least with a little more knowledge and a peak into your heart, I can sympathize and let you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. I wish that you were feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emily,
    I stumbled across your blog a while back, and I want to tell you that your honesty is impressive and inspiring. I can empathize with your feelings of clinical depression-- I have been there too-- and I hope you come out of this rough patch soon. I know we didn't know each other that well, so I hope it's not weird for me to be writing this, but I really wanted you to know that you have touched people--people you may not realize you had touched (high school was a tough time for me, and you were kind to me a few times when I really desperately needed some kindness)-- and I wanted to do the same for you. I hope that helps, at least a little bit.
    -Megan D. (from Cantabile/West)

    ReplyDelete